Vitaros Cream is an erectile dysfunction treatment which is administered directly into the urethral meatus (the opening at the tip of the penis). Vitaros starts working between 5 and 30 minutes after application and can allow an erection to last for up to 1 or 2 hours after administration.
The cream is applied directly to the urethra, at the tip of the penis. When absorbed, it increases blood flow to the penis, facilitating an erection.
Other factors which can help you to achieve an erection include:
- Getting a good night’s sleep.
- Engaging in foreplay with your partner before intercourse.
- Pelvic floor exercises – squeeze the muscles you would normally use to stop urination mid-stream.
- Try sexual positions which help to promote blood flow to the penis rather than restrict it.
- Avoiding stressful situations prior to sexual intercourse. Speak to your doctor if you experience stress regularly.
- Avoiding alcohol consumption – alcohol can make achieving an erection difficult.
All items purchased from our online pharmacy service have been approved by the MHRA and are dispensed and dispatched in discreet packaging from our GPhC-registered pharmacy in the United Kingdom via a next-day delivery service.
What is erectile dysfunction?
It is completely normal to experience erectile dysfunction from time to time, whether due to intermittent stress or tiredness. But for some men, erectile dysfunction can be frequent and distressing.
From a medical standpoint, erectile dysfunction requiring treatment is determined when a man experiences persistent difficulty maintaining or achieving an erection sufficient for intercourse. The condition can be brought on by psychological or physical conditions, as well as medicines used to treat other conditions.
The biological process of achieving an erection involves a complex pathway. Erections can be triggered by nerve signals sent from the genitals upon physical contact (sexual arousal), or from nerve signals in the brain upon seeing arousing imagery.
These nerve signals trigger sponge-like tissues in the penis, called corpora cavernosa, and surrounding blood vessels to relax. This causes blood to rush from other parts of the body and into the penis. The corpora cavernosa fills with blood and expands. The veins, which carry blood back to the heart, constrict to temporarily prevent blood flow from the penis. As a result, the penis becomes erect.
Some conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases, depression or physical penile damage or deformity, can impede an erection. In some cases, erectile dysfunction can indicate an underlying condition such as heart disease, low blood pressure, low testosterone or psychological conditions, such as stress, anxiety or depression.
It is important to have a frank discussion with your doctor if erectile dysfunction is causing you distress. They will be able to discuss appropriate treatment options with you, including Vitaros cream.
How does Vitaros cream work?
The active ingredient of Vitaros cream is a prostaglandin called alprostadil.
Prostaglandins play several roles in the human body, particularly in response to injury or infection, and are released from various tissues and organs. When released, the chemical causes blood vessels to dilate, increasing the amount of blood flow to the area the prostaglandins are located.
The vasodilative properties of prostaglandin are key to its use in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. When applied to the urethra, located at the tip of the penis, the prostaglandins trigger the blood vessels in the penis to dilate, increasing blood flow through the corpus cavernosa of the penis and resulting in an erection.
How long does Vitaros cream take to work?
Vitaros cream begins to work within 5 to 30 minutes of applying it.
How long do the effects of Vitaros cream last?
The effects of Vitaros cream last for 1 to 2 hours.
Buy Vitaros cream online
It can be inconvenient and embarrassing to get a prescription for Vitaros cream. With Life Meds Pharmacy, you can get a private prescription for Vitaros from wherever you are safely and securely.
To get started, simply complete our online medical form. Our doctor will review your medical form to determine whether the treatment is safe for you.
If our doctor approves your order before 3 pm Monday to Friday, our UK based pharmacy will dispense and dispatch your item the same day in discreet, tamper-proof packaging.
How to use Vitaros cream?
It is crucial to understand how to use Vitaros cream before you buy it online in the UK. Instructions on how to use it, including helpful diagrams, can be found in the patient information leaflet supplied with your treatment.
Vitaros cream is applied directly to the urethra of the penis using an applicator called an AccuDose container.
Always use Vitaros cream as prescribed by your doctor. Do not alter the dosage without first consulting your doctor.
Always wash your hands before and after using the cream.
Ensure your bladder is empty before applying the cream. Urinating immediately after application may cause the cream to be expelled before it has a chance to be absorbed.
- Remove the AccuDose container from the sachet by tearing the seal on the sachet. You should retain the sachet to discard the used AccuDose container.
- Roll the AccuDose container between your hands to bring the treatment to room temperature.
- Twist the plunger a couple of times to ensure it will move smoothly through the barrel, and remove the cap of the AccuDose container.
- While holding the penis in an upright position, gently squeeze the tip of the penis to widen the opening at the tip. Note: If you are uncircumcised, you will need to first retract your foreskin and hold it back before widening the urethral orifice.
- Hold the AccuDose container vertically above the urethral opening but do not insert it into the penis. Slowly but firmly depress the plunger to expel the cream from the container and into the urethra. It is important that the cream goes down into the urethral opening for it to work.
- Keeping holding your penis in an upright position for about 30 seconds. Any cream at the top of the urethral opening should be gently pushed inside using your finger. Do not use another AccuDose container to compensate for any cream which has not entered the urethra.
- Put the cap back onto the AccuDose container and discard it in the opened foil sachet.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after applying the cream.
If your partner is pregnant, might be pregnant or breastfeeding, make sure to wear a condom. Alprostadil in Vitaros cream may affect a developing baby or be passed into breast milk.
What should I do if I forget to use Vitaros cream when I should?
Vitaros cream is used as and when you need it. If you forget to use it, apply the cream as soon as you remember.
Do not use more Vitaros cream to make up for a missed dose.
What should I do if I accidentally use more Vitaros cream than I should?
Using more Vitaros cream than you should cause a drop in blood pressure, fainting, dizziness, persistent penile pain, or priapism – a persistent and painful erection which lasts longer than 4 hours.
If you experience priapism (a persistent and painful erection which lasts longer than 4 hours), seek immediate medical attention. Go straight to your nearest accident and emergency department. Remember to take the packaging and any remaining medicine with you so that the doctors know exactly what you have taken.