Sandrena Gel is a topical Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) designed to treat menopause symptoms by replenishing declining oestrogen levels.
It replaces the levels of oestrogen that decrease during menopause.
Available in two strengths: 0.5mg and 1.0mg of estradiol. Each pack contains 28 sachets.
Understanding Menopause Before Treating With Sandrena Gel
Understanding menopause is crucial before starting any treatment. It is a natural phase that ends fertility and menstruation, usually occurring between ages 40 and 50.
Menopause is an inevitable phase for women, signalling the end of menstruation and fertility.
Premature menopause can occur due to surgical removal of the womb (hysterectomy) or ovarian failure.
In the UK, menopause symptoms last for an average of 4 years, but can range between 2 to 10 years.
Symptoms and Causes:
- A decline in the female sex hormone oestrogen causes menopausal symptoms.
- Common Symptoms Include:
- Decreased muscle mass
- Recurrent UTIs
- Vaginal dryness
- And more…
Sandrena Gel Treatment Options:
Sandrena Gel replenishes the body with estradiol, a form of oestrogen. Consult your doctor for appropriate treatment options, including HRT.
- Sandrena Gel replenishes the body with an oestrogen called estradiol.
- There are tests like the SELF Check Menopause Test to confirm menopause.
- Your doctor can discuss Hormone Replacement Therapies (HRT) to treat symptoms.
- A doctor may also prescribe a progestogen alongside an oestrogen to reduce risks like endometrial hyperplasia or endometrial cancer.
How Do I Use Sandrena Gel?
Sandrena Gel is applied directly to the skin of the lower body, such as the thighs.
The active ingredient, estradiol, is absorbed through the skin.
You should apply the gel on alternating sides of your body.
Rub the gel into your skin, ensuring to spread it evenly, and allow the area to dry.
Always wash your hands after applying the gel.
Who should not use Sandrena Gel?
Sandrena is not suitable for everyone. If you are not sure whether Sandrena is suitable for you, consult your doctor.
Do not use Sandrena if you:
- have or have ever had breast cancer
- have cancer that is sensitive to oestrogens, such as endometrial cancer (cancer of the womb)
- have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- have untreated endometrial hyperplasia
- have or have ever had a blood clot in the vein (thrombosis)
- have a blood clotting disorder
- have or recently have had a disease relating to blood clots in the arteries (e.g. heart attack, stroke or angina)
- have or have ever had liver disease or abnormal liver function test results that have not returned to normal
- have a rare blood disorder called porphyria
- are allergic to estradiol or any of the other ingredients listed in the patient information leaflet