Oestrogel Pump is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for menopausal women. It aims to relieve unpleasant symptoms by replenishing the body with hormones that deplete during menopause.
How Does Oestrogel Work?
By countering the drop in hormone levels, Oestrogel helps to alleviate menopausal symptoms.
Oestrogel is a topical gel dispensed in metered doses from a pump. The pump ensures that each dose is equal, as it only allows a specific amount of gel to be dispensed.
Do I Need HRT If I’m Going Through Menopause?
Menopause is an inevitable life event, marked by the end of menstruation and fertility. It generally occurs in women in their 40s and 50s.
If you are unsure whether you are going through menopause, consult your doctor. Alternatively, you can purchase a Self Check Menopause Test online from Life Meds Pharmacy.
Duration and Symptoms
Menopause symptoms can last between 2 and 10 years. The condition is caused by a drop in oestrogen levels, leading to various symptoms such as:
- Decreased libido (low sex drive)
- Decreased muscle mass
- Hot flushes
- Joint and muscle pain
- Memory and concentration problems
- Mood swings
- Night sweats
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Sleep problems
- Vaginal dryness
For some women, symptoms may be manageable, while others may find them disruptive. If symptoms are causing you distress, consult your doctor.
Consulting Your Doctor for Oestrogel HRT
Your doctor can prescribe a suitable HRT based on your medical history and any other medications you may be taking. Always consult your doctor before purchasing HRT online to ensure it is safe for you.
What You Need to Know Before Using Oestrogel Pump?
Oestrogel Pump is a convenient form of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) that contains 750 mcg of estradiol per actuation. The gel is designed to be absorbed through the skin when spread over a large surface area.
If you are new to HRT or switching from a period-free HRT treatment, you can begin using Oestrogel at your convenience.
If you are already on a different HRT that includes a menstrual cycle, complete your current medicine pack before switching to Oestrogel.
- You must apply the gel yourself. Do not let anyone else apply the gel for you.
- Avoid skin-to-skin contact with your partner for 1 hour after application.
- Do not wash or apply skincare products to the application area for 1 hour after use.
Before using the Oestrogel pump for the first time, it’s crucial to prime your pump. Priming ensures that the medicated gel is dispensed correctly and in the right amount.
To prime Oestrogel pump:
- Remove the cap from the canister
- Remove the stopper from the spout
- Depress the plunger a couple of time until the gel is expelled
- Do not use this initial dose. Discard of it safely using a tissue.
Once your pump is primed, it is ready to use.
To use Oestrogel pump:
- Remove the cap to reveal the plunger.
- While holding the canister in one hand and readying your other hand to catch the gel, depress the plunger to expel one measure of the gel. If your doctor has prescribed more, use the amount of gel prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply the gel to your outer arms and shoulders, or the mid-inner thigh of both legs. Do notapply Oestrogel to the genital area or breasts.
- Spread the gel over the area.
- Cover the spout with the included stopper and replace the cap.
- Wait 5 minutes for the area to dry before covering it with clothes.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water after using Oestrogel.
You should try to apply Oestrogel at the same time everyday.
If the prescribed amount does not relieve your symptoms, speak to your doctor.
Do not use more or less gel than prescribed without first consulting your doctor.