Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema
Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema is used to relieve occasional constipation in adults, as well as cleansing the bowels before procedures such as colonoscopy, bowel surgery, proctoscopy or X-rays of the bowels.
Formerly known as Fleet Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema, the Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema is available over the counter without the need of a prescription. The solution gets to work within 2 to 5 minutes to empty your bowels.
Each bottle contains 133ml of the solution, which provides a dose of around 118ml. The bottle provides a single dose of the medicine to effectively clear the bowels.
What is an enema?
Enemas are rectally administered solutions that stimulate bowel movements. They are often used to treat constipation, which is when stools become hard and difficult to pass naturally.
Constipation can be uncomfortable but isn’t serious in most cases.
Constipation can be caused by:
- Poor dietary fibre
- Putting off the urge to go to the toilet
Straining when on the toilet to pass constipation can lead to the development of haemorrhoids. Likewise, constipation when suffering from haemorrhoids can make them worse.
It’s important to treat constipation as soon as possible. If you frequently experience constipation, you should consult with your doctor for advice. Your doctor can discuss with you the most appropriate ways for you to relieve your constipation.
The Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema is an easy to use home enema that can quickly and effectively clear your bowels.
How Does Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema Work?
Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema is known as a saline laxative. It is a solution that contains salts.
It works by drawing water from the rest of the body into the colon to soften hard stools.
It’s important to drink plenty of water when taking laxatives, as the laxative effect can lead to dehydration.
How To Use Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema?
Always read the accompanying patient information leaflet for instructions on how to use Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema. You can read the patient information leaflet online.
Make sure you are within close vicinity of a toilet when using Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema.
- Wash your hands before handling the products. If possible, use disposable gloves.
- Lie on your left side with both knees bent and your arms at rest in front of you.
- While gripping the bottom of the ridged cap, carefully remove the orange protective shield. Hold the bottle upright while you do this to avoid spillage.
- Gently insert the nozzle into your rectum with the tip pointing towards your navel. If you experience resistance when pushing the nozzle in, do not force the nozzle into your rectum, as this can result in injury. Stop using it and speak to your doctor if this occurs.
- Squeeze the bottle until almost all of the liquid has been emptied.
- Gently remove the nozzle from your rectum. You may experience some leakage of the enema liquid – this is normal.
- Remain in the same position until the urge to defecate is strong. This will usually be within 2 to 5 minutes of using the Enema.
- Put the used enema back in the carton for disposal and wash your hands.
After using Cleen Ready-To-Use Enema, make sure to drink plenty of clear fluids – preferably water – to prevent dehydration. It is recommended to drink approximately 250ml of clear fluid every hour after administering the enema until the effects wear off.
Stay near a toilet until the effects of the enema have worn off.